Skip to main content

I have been charged with larceny and i have never had a criminal back round for this and no open cases what will happen to me

Boston, MA |

i am a single mother and at the time i needed help to keep my lights, an phone on and now i am in some trouble what is going to happen to me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


If this is a first offense, and you have no record, this should be easily resolved with the district attorney's office. You can do it with or without counsel. Talk to the ADA about "continued without a finding."


The first thing you should do is get a lawyer to represent you. At the next/ first court hearing, tell the judge you are indigent and cannot afford to pay for a lawyer. You will then be evaluated by probation as to indigency. If the court finds that you cannot pay, a lawyer will be assigned to you. Let your attorney speak to the district attorney on your behalf. If you speak with the DA yourself, anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law, just like with the cops. Your lawyer will be familiar with all the potential dispositions available to you and will negotiate for you. Good luck.

Attorney Lauren Craig Redmond ~ 617.953.6116 ~ No attorney/client relationship is established or implied by any email or phone conversation.


It depends on the facts of the case.

Get a lawyer

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

I usually check email every few hours during the day.

(by appointment only)

PLEASE NOTE that: This is being sent via encrypted line, but

(1) e-mail communication is not a secure communication method; (2)
any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various
computers as it goes from sender to recipient; (3) emails may be
intercept by persons improperly accessing your computer or my
computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us through
which the e-mail passes. I am e-mailing because you have agreed.
If you change your mind and want future communication to be sent in
a different mode, please advise me at once.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this e-mail in error. Any
review, dissemination distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


If you are facing a misdemeanor larceny, i.e. the amount taken is less than $250, you'll get a clerk's hearing before any criminal complaint issues. The clerks hearing is a great opportunity to resolve the case without creating a criminal record. Even if you do not get a clerks hearing first, the fact that you have no record will impact greatly the way your case is resolved. You should consult a lawyer, making sure to provide the details of your case, and this lawyer can give you an idea of the likely outcomes to your case as well as any defenses available.

Good luck,
Dominic Pang (617-538-1127)


First, do not post any details here admitting any criminal act. This is a public forum, and statements you make may be incriminating.

The details of your case are missing, such as the extent of the larceny you committed. If the value of the items was less than $250, the case will be classified as a misdemeanor and you will likely be able to resolve this easily. If the value is more than $250, the case would be considered a felony, and, while you may be able to resolve it, the assistant district attorney will take the charge much more seriously.

Attorney Redmond is correct in advising you to get an attorney. On the date of your first court appearance, you should go to the probation office at the court about 1/2 an hour before you are scheduled to be there to complete the paperwork needed by the court to determine whether you qualify for an appointed attorney, which will be based on your ownership of property and your income. If you go into the court before going to probation, you will delay your hearing when you are sent to probation. Either way, the court is likely to appoint counsel for you. Generally, there is a $150 charge for this attorney, but the court can waive it or order you to perform community service instead.

While you may get more information from any of the attorneys here, your best bet is to save all the details for your court-appointed attorney. Good luck.

Providing users with information is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. However, if in reading my response, you are interested in retaining me to represent you, please do not hesitate to contact me.


First of all you need an experienced criminal attorney who has had experience with larceny cases.

The maximum penalty is 2 1/2 yrs in the house of correction. However, with proper counsel and no previous record your likely to get a CWOF or continued without a finding for 1 year and a fine.

Give me a call and we can discuss the details of your case. 781-816-3950

Visit us at or call (781) 816-3950 for a free consultation. We handle Criminal Defense and Divorce Law throughout Massachusetts. Located in Boston, Andover and Danvers, MA. - Cases involving Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, Theft, Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony, Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity, Juveniles, Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders.



thank you and i will be in contact


I don't understand the the larceny the trouble that you are in?

You need a lawyer. I agree with the attorneys who advise you to request a court-appointed attorney. S/he can help you with dealing with this problem and may even be able to get the charge dismissed upon payment of the past bills.

Best of luck!

Valerie Semensi @ 781.383.1940