I HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH A DUI AND IT HAD BEEN HOURS SINCE i HAD TAKEN MY MEDS. tHE POLICE R TELLING ME THAT THE AMOUNT DOESNT

Louisville, CO |

I apologize but I'm a bit confused. You say that you have been charged with a DUI but you don't want them to arrest you.

If you have been given a summons to appear in court, then you are essentially done with dealing with the police at this point.

Did you provide a sample of urine or blood for the police to test?

Did you have to surrender your driver's license?

There are many ways to approach this situation. They all begin with you contacting a lawyer. There are many here on Avvo, myself included, that offer a free initial consultation. Feel free to call.

Best of luck to you.

John Buckley

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

The key to remember is that you are that beginning of the process and the Officer is "going to do what he is going to do". What you need to concentrate on is protecting your rights from this moment forward.

You should contact an attorney immediately to deal with both your DUI Criminal consequences and the administrative DMV consequences. You have seven days from the date of the ticket to contact DMV and try to keep your license.

We are all confused by your question. You should know if you have been charged with DUI or not. You would have been issued a Complaint and a date for court. Either apply for the Public Defender or hire a private attorney as quickly as possible.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

If you have received a summons(ticket) from the police officer, you do not need to be concerned about an arrest in the future unless you fail to appear in court on the date specified on the ticket. If you did a breath test, you should know what the level of your blood alcohol was, and if it exceeded .05, that is why you received the summons.
You should immediately retain an attorney to represent you. An attorney will review the basis for the stop, the "probable cause" for the arrest, and the evidence underlying the charge. The analysis of this information will inform you about the likely outcome of your case.