I have been charged with a class C misdemeanor for assault to family member in TX. I slapped my boyfriend across the face. He

Mckinney, TX |

has a bruise and did not go to the hospital. I was released on bail. He filed an order of protection against me. I have no previous criminal history of any kind. What is likely to happen to me?

Sorry, it is a class A misdemeanor.

I encourage you to discuss this in private with experienced legal counsel in your area rather than admit to the crime on the internet. With good counsel, anything is possible.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

A class A misdemeanor is punishable by 0 to 365 days in the County Jail and a fine of up to $ 4,000.00. The fact that you have no criminal history is good and helps. It is unlikely that you would get jail time and would be eligible for deferred adjudication which is a type of probation that allows you to avoid a final conviction. First you need to hire a good attorney that will evaluate your case and the evidence they have against you. You may have a good defense. Second if you do not have a good defense your attorney will help get you the best deal possible. Good Luck.

You shouldn't admit to a crime on the Internet. You could be facing up to a year in jail or up to two years of probation. This is a very serious offense and you should start family violence counseling as soon as possible.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer
Austin Family Violence

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com