Skip to main content

I have been charged in PA with two Felony 3 counts of welfare fraud.

Leola, PA |

The overpayment amount is $18,000 which I am unable to pay back or pay down to a less than felonious amount. The dates of the fraud are a 16 month period of time starting over two years ago. I have been charged with cash and food stamp overpayment but I also received child care subsidies for 4 children for 9 months of that time as well as medical assistance. Can they add those charges on at any time or should I assume they are not going after me for that? In addition, for the past 15 months I have continued to receive medical benefits although technically I am not eligible. Do they go after recipients in medicaid fraud or only providers? Is there any way I can find out if I am currently under investigation for additional charges? I'm meeting with two lawyers later today and neither of them

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Being charged with food stamp, welfare or medicare fraud fraud is a serious matter. You need to hire a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. Criminal defense lawyers are available at no cost if you cannot afford to pay for an attorney. You should contact the Lancaster County Bar Association for more information about how to get legal representation at no cost. Here's some links:

There are a range of penalties for commiting food stamp and welfare fraud. If you are found by a court or government agency to have made false or misleading statements or omitted material facts to get food stamps, welfare or medicare you could be imprisoned and/or fined. At a minimum, if found guilty you will become ineligible for further participation in these programs.

Finally, you should not disclose anything else about this matter online -- only discuss it with your lawyer.

If this answer helpful, please give me a thumbs up review below.

Disclaimer: My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.