I have been bullied and threatened by someone in the uk n nz also dated the person from the uk and was catfished i fear for my

Salt Lake City, UT |

You want a name change? Sure file a petition to do a name change. Or hire a lawyer to do it for you. It's a very simple thing.

yes i do how do i go about doing that ?

Matthew D Jefferson

Matthew D Jefferson

http://www.utcourts.gov/resources/forms/namechange/instruct.asp

Matthew D Jefferson

Matthew D Jefferson

Best of luck. Call a lawyer if you need any help with that.

If you are in imminent danger, file a report with the police. A name change can be handled by any lawyer. best of luck.

The author of this answer is an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of Arizona. Unless both you and the author have signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not the author's client, and the author's discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and are neither privileged nor confidential.

i have filed a report to the police since the person is in the united kingdom and not usa they can't do anything about it

Before you go to the nuclear option, pay a skip tracer a few dollars and get advice as to how you could disconnect. Remember, your name change is usually served by publication. There are more effective ways to change your footprint. Then be more discreet about sharing personal info.