Skip to main content

I have asked for a hearing to correct the record . The transcript has serios errors in it. Does the court make the changes?

Santa Ana, CA |

This is for an unlimited civil case. I understand I will get a court date for a hearing. Do the Defendants and myself discuss the errors at the hearing and the Judge rule what can be changed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Discussing your changes with opposing counsel before the hearing and reaching certain agreements about changes may well lead to those changes being made. However, the court must still approve those changes.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


This is your sixth related question. If you try to handle this yourself you have virtually no chance of prevailing. If you are alleging that the court transcript is incorrect, the court could compare his/her notes to the transcript and rule accordingly.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.



I have asked over 100 attorneys to help me on a contingency basis and I have found no one.


Please, save yourself from disappointment and wasted effort. The court is not going to make changes in the transcript unless there are errors so obvious as to be unmistakable -- and then it is usually unnecessary to have an order making the changes. You are very likely spinning your wheels here.

Everyone knows that transcripts aren't perfect. But they are what we have, and there is an implicit consensus that we will rely on them. The court system, like everything else in life, relies on the fact that "perfect is the enemy of good."

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer