Skip to main content

I have an uncle who is coming to the US for holiday but he also want his family to live in the US. Can i please ask if it is

Washington, DC |

Possible for him to get a greencard fir himself and his family if he buys a property? What can he do to get a residence permit here in the states? Can someone advise? I was told if he invest in the country that might get him a greencard. Please someone help.. Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No, buying property alone will NOT give him a green card. An investor's visa is possible if his home country is a treaty country, and if he invests a significant amount in starting a business in the US that will benefit the US not just the investor and the investor's family. Good luck.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.


I agree.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


He could qualify for permanent residence by investing $1M into a new U.S. business that creates employment for 10 U.S. citizens or residents or about $530 in certain Pilot Programs. You should consult with an immigration attorney specializing in EB-5 investor matters if this might be an option.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer