Skip to main content

I have an international license and I had a big car accident , will I be to claim money from the cars ghat hit me ??

Newark, NJ |

I am married to a us citizen and just applied to my legal papers in the usa

+ Read More

Attorney answers 9

Best Answer

yes, you can make a claim for damages, both property and personal. Your legal status in the US and your drivers license status are not factors in your ability to make a claim.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.




You bet.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.



What is that mean ??


Yes. We just resolved a significant case for a citizen of Great Briton. Her location made securing medical records, reports and depositions more challenging but there certainly was not an issue in bringing the claim.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


The international license should not affect your right to file against the people who are at fault for the accident and your ability to recover for your injuries.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.


Were you injured?


Your citizenship status is not an issue. You can certainly file a claim and recover monies for any injuries that you sustain and any property damage. I have had currently have numerous cases for individuals who are not legal citizens. Although some defense attorneys make issues out of it, I have never had a problem overcoming those issues.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.


Possibly. It depends on the circumstances of the accident as well as your injuries, if any. Seek an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck!

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.


From the facts you present nothing appears to prevent you from filing a claim if you were injured.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer