Skip to main content

I have an interlock device on my vehicle, how do I got about getting it removed?

Dallas, TX |

I have an interlock device on my vehicle for over a year, I got a DWI one and a half years ago and the case has been settled. I served and alternative sentence that I completed and I still have the device on my vehicle. Do I have to request an uninstall from the court or is there something they will automatically send to the interlock company?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Typically you will need an order of removal which you can obtain from the court. in Harris County this is an informal process and is handled through the probation liaison officer.

My answer is based upon the limited amount of information available at the time of writing.I am a Texas DWI Lawyer. If possible, hire an attorney who is a member of the National College of DUI Defense, who is familiar with your jurisdiction. Jim Butler-, 713-236-8744


You have to get an interlock removal order from the judge of the court.


If you don't have a good relationship with your probation officer, I would suggest getting an attorney to help you have this lifted or removed.

The specifics of your case will determine how long you are statutorily required to have the interlock on your car. But the judge can require the interlock beyond what the statute requires, if they feel it is necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer