Skip to main content

I have an arraignment set for June of this year. My license was suspended they said but I have proof of reinstatement. Options?

Long Beach, CA |

I was pulled over by CHP for supposed speeding . At the time the officer informed me that my license was suspended for a failure to appear on a violation going back almost 2 years . I have proof of reinstatement past that date and I do not even own the car anymore . The ticket in question was a fix - it ticket for expired tags which I paid at the time I paid for the registration on my new car . I have all paperwork proving I have a valid DL . What are my options at the arraignment . If it comes down to it I want to avoid jail time at all costs . Thank you in advance .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This ticket should be taken to trial. You need an attorney. The real question is whether you dealt with the old fix it ticket in court? Get an attorney. This can be serious and have implications on your insurance.

Andrew Roberts
(818) 597-0633


As my colleagues suggested, you should consult an attorney (or a few) about this matter and see what they suggest and then, if it makes sense (which it probably will) you should hire the one you feel most comfortable with. Ideally you want one with experience in the court where your case is being handled. Most attorneys, including myself offer free initial consultations in cases like this, so it can't hurt to at least hear what they think and what they charge.

Michel & Associates, PC
(562) 216-4444

All my comments here are intended for general legal purposes. None of my comments here establish an attorney-client relationship with anyone. None of my comments should be relied on in taking legal action without first consulting an attorney.


If it is charged in traffic court, you probably won't have to worry about jail first off. If your license is valid now, you may ask for a reduced charge. You may want to contact a lawyer in your area.


You need to meet with an experienced attorney because it may be possible to have the entire matter dismissed. In fact, the matter isn't set until June so if you were to retain an experienced attorney now there is a possibility that the charges may be rejected, meaning that they would not be filed whatsoever.

Many respectable attorneys offer free consultation. I suggest you contact one soon in the Long Beach area.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Sean Anthony Brady

Sean Anthony Brady


Good point by Mr. Cernyar with respect to retaining counsel early to see if they can get the charges rejected ahead of time. If you wait too long, you forego that option.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer