I have a work visa (TN). Could I be deported for a petit theft?

Miami, FL |

I´m Systems engineer from Mexico and I have a TN visa (to Work), last weekend I was accused for a petity theft.
I have never been arrested before.
I would like to know if could I be deported to my country for that? What is going to happen with my work visa?
I would really appreciate your advise in this matter.

Retain a criminal attorney and see if charges could be dismissed or it could be pleaded down to a disorderly.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Generally one misdemeanor crime involving moral turpitude, if sentenced to under 6 months, is not a basis for deportation.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

You should involve an immigration attorney in the disposition of this criminal matter. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St., Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

Unlikely, if this is your one and only violation that involves moral turpitude and it is not punishible by incarceration of longer than 6 months.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.