Skip to main content

I have a warrent for abscounding probation. after I was convected of class 4 felony dui.

Sierra Vista, AZ |

I searved one year one probation out of a 4 year tearm. then I made the stupidest choice anyone could make, by picking up a drug habbit, then I failed the U.A test stoped using and was told to my next test failed also. although was never shown any documents to prove that so I went to jail for a week.. well a 3rd test came failed again 2 days after being released from county jail, so my probabtion officer wanted me to come back to the office on the following monday, I did nt want to go back to jail and at the time It was nt evan a good idea but I did nt know what els to do so i just stoped checking in. the last time I went in was in march of this year 2012. so its only been a few monthes. but as normal a felony warrent has been issued is their any altearnatives to prision in this case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should address your arrest warrant with the help of a criminal defense lawyer. You should consult with a lawyer immediately and come up with a plan, with the assistance of that lawyer, on how to best address the warrant. Your lawyer can contact your probation officer as well. In some cases, the best plan is to self-surrender. Again, I recommend that you consult with a lawyer immediately so that you can figure out the best plan for your situation.

It is extremely likely that a Petition to Revoke Probation has been filed against you. If your probation is revoked, then you will be sentenced to prison. However, in some cases, we have been able to successfully argue for clients to get reinstated on probation, instead of going to prison. There are many factors that will determine whether you get revoked or reinstated, so I cannot even take a guess right now as to whether you will be revoked or reinstated.

You would be well advised to address the arrest warrant with the assistance of an experienced criminal defense lawyer immediately. Do not wait to consult with a lawyer.

Best of luck to you.

Ryan J. Stevens
609 N. Humphreys Street
Flagstaff, Arizona 86001

This answer does not include any legal advice. You should personally contact an attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.



by chance do you have any recomendations for good lawyer in southern az in the sierra vista area?


It's best to retain private counsel to address your outstanding warrant and argue for another opportunity on probation. Unfortunately, given your history on probation, you have an uphill battle. That doesn't mean an impossible battle. There are many good criminal defense attorneys out there who can help. Good luck.

Verdura Law Group PLLC



I recently was notified by a reliable sorce that an officer from department of corrections contacted the probation office and they were exchanging info about my case,, so i was wondering since i have nt evan started any court hearings on the matter can they do that.. seems to me that its kinda taking away the right to a fair trial since i have nt been to court yet or sentanced to dept of corrections