Skip to main content

I have a warrant for unpaid traffic tickets and i lost my drivers license can i get a duplicate

Killeen, TX |

i lost my tx dl and need to get a duplicate i have a warrant for unpaid traffic ticket will i go to jail if i go to get a duplicate dl

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you go to DPS for a replacement you will most likely be arrested. I have seen it happen many times. You can try to request a replacement online and it's possible the warrants will not hit their system, but it's unlikely.

What you need to do is hire an attorney that can get a bond set on the tickets, post a surety bond and then you can take care of the tickets without fear of getting arrested at an inconvenient time- if you have never been arrested before I can assure you it's never going to be convenient!

Although my intent in answering this question is to aid you in the legal process, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship in any way. You should seek the advice and counsel of a qualified attorney in your community to evaluate your legal needs and to advise you. No Attorney-Client Relationship is created without the specific intent of both parties.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer