Skip to main content

I have a warrant for my arrest for not showing up to a court date, which I totally forgot,what can i do to get it recalled?

San Francisco, CA |

See, I was suppose to pay a fine for a former job, but I never had the money to pay it off. I've been trying to look for a job, but like always it fails. I've been living in a shelter, so I kind of lose track of time. I called the clerks office and they told me to come in on tuesday morning to be put on the "add-on" list. I don't know what that means, but I heard that it depends on who ever the clerk is, they decide on what to do. Either make a financial arrangement or send me straight to jail. I don't want to go to jail for 18 months. What can I do to get my warrant recalled? I had a public defender that hardly helped me out, if I call him and talk to him about my warrant, can he try and help me out on tuesday? Or no?

I am going in on tuesday so I can try and work it all out. At least I'm trying right? My bond is $5,000 if i am taken in on tuesday, do you think I will be able to get a bails bond? If so how can I go about that, just in case I am booked? PLEASE HELP!!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The quickest way to get it resolved is to ask the clerk of the court to place the matter on calendar and then request the judge recall the warrants when you go before them. While you can do this yourself, this may seem daunting and it will be easier to have an attorney present with you. Good luck.


Have the clerk put the matter on calendar and ask the court to recall the warrant.


Hire a lawyer to put the matter back on calendar and ask that they recall the warrant. Good luck.