Skip to main content

I have a slip and fall case. My lawyer keep saying the defend end keep post posting the arbritatation what should I do?

East Orange, NJ |

I was at my Barbara and I slip and fell down 15 steps I had to get surgery on my shoulder I had to get my cuffs rotated can I sue the lawyer I think he settled my case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6

Best Answer

Postpones are not uncommon. The most important thing is to be sure that you have an attorney who is qualified to handle personal injury cases. Make sure this is what your lawyer does and that he/she has a proven track record. Ps. What makes you think the lawyer settled the case?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


Since your attorney knows the most about your case you need to call them and find out what is going on. Given people’s scheduling postponements do happen.

Call your attorney. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Call your lawyer for a status update


I suggest that you contact your attorney's office and schedule a face-to-face meeting with the attorney to review the current status of your claim.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


If you have the docket number you can call the court and inquire as to the status of your case. If your case has been dismissed you may need to consult with a legal malpractice attorney.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


Ask for copies of all correspondence between your lawyers office, the defendant's lawyer's office and the arbitration body which requested and/or agreed to any adjournments. If your lawyer has no documentation you should make an appointment so that an explanation can be made and to satisfy any uncertainties that you may have.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer