Skip to main content

I have a shoplifting charge against me. What would be better, having a sealing an arrest, or having an annulmen done?

Nashua, NH |

I would like the shoplifting charge against me sealing the arrest, where as the charge would be technically destroyed only visible to law enforcement, Instead of having a expungement
done where the charge is still going to be visible showing the original charge agaist me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to consult with a criminal defense lawyer in your area to advise and direct you as to what is he best way to proceed with your objectives in mind.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


In NH, you cannot "Seal" or "Expunge" a charge, conviction or arrest for any charge. You can file a petition to annul the record of the arrest, charge and conviction provided that you satisfied the requirements under the NH annulment statute.

However, as of January 1, 2013, if your record is annulled, it will still appear on your NH criminal record with the notation that the conviction was annulled. The court records and the police departments records will also have the same notation. You should consult a NH criminal defense attorney to review your case with you.