Skip to main content

I have a second probation violation for failed drug test. Should I ask my attorney to request house arrest for my last 3 mts?

Jonesboro, GA |
Attorney answers 2


If you have to ask your attorney what the next best step should be, you need another attorney! To be sure, every jurisdiction and even different court within a given jurisdiction have different policies. A second violation of probation a drug screen not somehow connected to some error, seems to indicate a secret , maybe hidden desire to be in jail. Have you discussed with anyone how you may just be using drugs or associating yourself with some drug environment as a means to the hidden goal. As a goal-oriented person, persistance in this pursuit will always result in success. But then, you could always change the goal?

I am an attorney, practicing throughout the state of Georgia, but primarily in the areas around Augusta, Statesboro and Savannah, Georgia. You may review more information about my practice by going to: The information I am providing you should only be considered for your general knowledge and educational purposes. Consider it as a good first step in your knowledge acquisition, but not as legal advice. Indeed, any information I provide is based on the extremely limited facts you have provided and new facts could substantially alter any answer or reply. My opinion should be understood to apply only to the laws of the State of Georgia. You should always consult with a local attorney about your situation if you live outside of the State of Georgia.


Hello there,

You need to discuss having a LCDC Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor perform an evaluation on you to have something to work with when you go back to court.

Fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me. Courts don't like excuses.


Erick Platten