Skip to main content

I have a second offence DUI warrant out in Arizona and I moved to South Carolina, Will they extradite me?

Columbia, SC |

The warrant is about a year old. I want to try to settle all of this in South Carolina, but I am wondering if they will extradite me? Also, what will the penalties be?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I am sure that your drivers license is suspended. You will be arrested in South Carolina for driving while under suspension and you will be held until Arizona decides if they want to come and get you or not. Then you will have to also deal with the South Carolina charges. Contact an attorney in AZ and get it straightened out.



I have not driven since I got the last DUI. I am planning on turning myself in, but I just want an idea of how long I will be held and if I will be extradited. Thank you for your quick reply.


It all depends on the prosecutor and the circumstances surrounding the DUI. You need to contact local counsel in AZ to try and take care of it for you.

BA, Arnold & Wadsworth


you could be extradited if you are stopped for any will definitely be held until AZ decides if they are going to extradite you....not likely to be able to "settle" this without a court appearance....I suggest you contact an attorney in AZ in the area where the warrant is and hire them to help you...chances are that your driving privileges are suspended because of the failing to appear in Court....good luck

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer