Skip to main content

I have a quit claim deed to file in Maricopa county, AZ. Are there any forms I need to file the quit claim deed.

Chandler, AZ |

I am on a house as joint owner with my mother. She is quit deeding the house to me. I need to file the quit claim deed. Do I need any other paper work to file it? Someone told me I needed a Affidavit of property Value. Is this true?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


When you say "file," I believe what you mean is "record." A deed must be recorded with the county recorder in the county in which the property is located (Maricopa if the house is in Chandler).

You will also need to complete an Affidavit of Property Value and attach it to the Deed. The Arizona Department of Revenue has a form here:

NOTE: Because every legal matter is different, and cannot be addressed in the generalized context of a web site, you should not rely upon the information provided herein as legal advice, nor should you construe anything herein to be an offer to represent you or to create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice can only come from a qualified attorney after having had an opportunity to become familiar with all of the specific facts and circumstances of a particular legal matter, and then to apply or research the relevant law.


The advice given by Mr. Gerity is very sound advice. I only wanted to add that the Quit Claim Deed (and any deed) needs to have sufficient space on the top of it to accommodate the County Recorder's processing information. Also, if the property transfer intended by the deed qualifies as exempt from the Affidavit and fee pursuant to ARS section 11-1134, you can avoid recording it by noting on the Quit Claim Deed that it is exempt and put the section of the statute that applies. There will be a recording fee associated with the recording.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer