Skip to main content

I have a question regarding social security and Medicare tax refund and need help.

San Diego, CA |

My previous employer withheld social security and Medicare taxes in error while I was on F1 visa. He consequently refused to refund the amount. I had to then claim for refund from the IRS which is delaying the process indefinitely citing various reasons like insufficient documentation, documenation not received, incompletely filled documentation, etc. Most of the time the reason is not clear and it takes good endurance to get information contacting them over phone.
In view of the fact that the upcoming tax season will make them busier and hence delay my case further, I wish to seek professional help to ensure I send the right documentation and help resolve the issue fast.
I wish to know who would be the right person to approach and what options I have. I am also open to premium services.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It would be a good idea to find a tax attorney in your area to assist you with this process.

Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. Attorney-Client Relationship Disclaimer: This email does not create an attorney-client relationship between sender and any receiver.


I would recommend a tax attorney.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer