Skip to main content

I have a question lawyer my ex husband mAkes 92,000 a year and I make 16,000 a year how he have to pass me for two kids

New York, NY |

I wanted to know how much he will give me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You will recieve child support and depending upon what your state statute allows and what you can negotiate you may recieve spousal support, depends on how long you were married and several other factors, please chat witha local attny he or she will help you.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


Based on the numbers you provided, the presumptive amount he would pay in child support would be approximately $1,725 per month ( You may also qualify for maintenance (i.e., alimony). It is in your interest to schedule a follow-up consultation with a NYC Divorce lawyer to fully review your situation.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.


As far as child support, the amount awarded generally for two children would be 25% of his income. However, as my colleagues mentioned, you may still qualify for spousal support (alimony).


If you are awarded spousal maintenance, the 25% will be on the post FICA income less the spousal maintenance figure.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer