Skip to main content

I have a question about the child status protection act

Portchester, NY |

My brother filed a petition for me and my family in 1997. This process took 12 years. When the visa number became current my son aged out and couldn't come with us to the United States. Its been 4 years since I filed a new petition for my son and did everything to make this process faster with the original priority date and couldn't do anything. He even got an admission offer for computer science (PHD) program and they didn't give him visa because of this I130 process. I don't know what else I can do. Can you help me please...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Repost under immigration instead of family law.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


You need the advice of an immigration attorney. You should re-post this in the immigration practice area.

I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should not rely upon free legal advice and I disclaim any liability for the results if you do.


The other attorneys are correct. You need an immigration attorney to answer your questions. Not all family law attorneys handle immigration matters.

This anawer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and may be considered attorney advertising. This answer should not supplant advice received from any attorney the questioner may have or obtain, as that attorney will be able to provide more thorough and informed advice.