Skip to main content

I have a question about illegal immigration and family law . i am an american citizien married to an ilegal immigrant for 6 year

Washington, DC |

we have a 5 year old daughter together and he is also a father to my children from a previous marriage . he has never commited a crime or any felonies .he had recently entered the country on a visa but birthday was wrong and he was given the paers to with draw his entry to united states and sent back home . the following year he came back but only ilegal and now we have never filed for his status now we are scared he will be deported because of being illegal . i woulkd love to go to argentina with him and live there but only i can not leave my ex husband will not sign papers to allow my children to leave as we both have joint / dhared legal custody also my son has a specific learning disability and i dont think his country has education for him . also i need his income as well as mine

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If he entered the U.S. illegally after residing illegally in the U.S. for over one year and then leaving the U.S., he could be in big trouble if you try to sponsor him.

Talk with an experienced immigration attorney before you attempt to sponsor him for a green card.

Please see

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer