Skip to main content

I have a property that has back taxes due if it sold for back taxes .How will it effect my credit?

Corona, CA |

I want the property out of my name if my credit will be effected.

Me and my sister name is on the property ,she took over the house not paying rent as we agree on so now she filed bankrupt and has the house tied up in the court with a 3 to 5 year payment plan for the back taxes. I want to sale the house what can I do? The house is paid for I need Help!!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Unpaid property taxes can result in many issues that will negatively impact your personal credit rating for many years (e.g., potentially 10 years, or more), including tax liens and tax sales. I would recommend finding a California tax or real estate attorney to help you address your back tax issue as soon as possible to avoid these issues. Best of luck!

Yoak Law, P.A. is a business and tax law firm serving clients throughout the State of Florida. If you need help with a legal issue, call (727) 451-9455 to schedule a free consultation. Mr. Yoak is licensed to practice law in Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. You are strongly advised to confer directly with an attorney to insure the proper advice is received and the appropriate action is timely taken.


It is likely that if the property is sold with the tax debt unsatisfied that the three major credit agencies will view that as a blemish on your credit.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer