Skip to main content

I have a passing a bad check in 1999 and i wanted to exponge it but was told i could'nt because I have a risting arrest and riot

Sandusky, OH |

i passed a check to check cashng and loss my job they overdrwan my account and I also paid it back? now there tellin me i can not have this exponged due to the fact i have a ressinting arrest and a inticing a roit back in 1992 when i was a senior in hgh school mind you i have not had any thing other than traffic offences since then.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You have given some facts here, but have not asked a question. What is your question?

Attorneys on Avvo are donating their time. If my answer was helpful, please click "Best Answer" or "Helpful." I am licensed in Ohio. I handle cases involving family law, employment law, and civil rights law. The nature of Avvo means that you have provided no documentation or full case details; therefore, any answer cannot be relied upon as legal advice. I am not your attorney. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.


If you want to have a conviction sealed (we don't normally do expungements in Ohio, even though we all use the word) and you have another conviction, you really should have an experienced attorney
review the case with you.

I have had many potential clients walk into my office asking to retain me to file an appeal of a trial court's denial of a motion to seal because they mishandled it on their own. It's much easier to do something the right way the first time, rather than make a rookie mistake and permanently damage your chances of having a conviction sealed.

Meet with an experienced criminal defense attorney and see if you are eligible for sealing.