I have a not valid for employment ssc and that i've used to work. Will that affect the status adjustment process at all?

Richardson, TX |

I overstayed my visitor visa and got married to an U.S. citizen. I’m going to send the paperwork for a greencard. I've paid taxes every year under that social security number

Best Answer

Spouses of US citizens are forgiven for their unauthorized employment, and they would not penalize your use of the limited social security card alone. However, if you have ever made a false claim to U.S. citizenship in applying for a job, this could be an issue.

No

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

thank you so much for your fast response