Skip to main content

I have a matricular consular and my birth certificate with the wrong year. How can I fix it ?

Los Angeles, CA |

I'm gathering all my documents and paper work from school, work etc. To apply for DREAM ACT, everything from school doctor has my correct year except my birth certificate and consular ID.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Show it to your counsulate and see if they an correct it for you

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.


This is an immigration issue. I'll tag it for that.


I agree, contact your country's embassy in the US and see what you need to do to help you correct it. If you are applying for DACA consult with an attorney and they can help you.

Due to the nature of this forum, Attorney Maria J. Marty does not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, her responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.