Skip to main content

I have a lot property in NC that I can no longer afford to pay. Should I contact a lawyer here in FL where I live or there?

Orlando, FL |

I have been paying it since April 2007 and recently completed a loan modification but circumstances have changed yet again and cannot keep the property. Already have missed one payment.

thanks for the help guys. Not sure how to mark this question as resolved.

+ Read More

Filed under: Foreclosure Real estate
Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Generally speaking a foreclosure or related lawsuit must happen in the place where the property sits. If that occurs, you will need a lawyer who is licensed to practice in North Carolina.

The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo are general in nature and limited to the facts as stated. The information provided in this and other answers on Avvo should not be construed as legal advice on which the reader relies without further consultation with an attorney. No attorney-client relationship is created on Avvo question & answer forums. This attorney is licensed and admitted to practice law in the State of Florida only.


North Carolina law will apply to your NC property. Only a North Carolina lawyer will be able to advise you on your rights and responsibilities with respect to your North Carolina property.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


You should contact an attorney in NC.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer