Skip to main content

I have a judgment for a payday loan company original was 500 the judgment is now 5,000 can this be reversed Multnomah circuit co

Portland, OR |

I like to get this lower or reversed or lowered

Judgment was July 26 ,2012

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You probably cannot get the number lowered through the court system. Your best bet is contacting the plaintiff (probably a collection agent) and offering a lump sum or payment plan. In some cases it helps to have a lawyer do the negotiating.

The answer given here is for educational purposes only so those who need a lawyer can have a more successful initial meeting with a lawyer of their choice. The statements are not legal advice and the intention of this writing is that no attorney-client relationship is formed by those reading these answers. Also be sure to get a second opinion to the answers given here if you choose to do so.


The judgement (and the amount) is presumptively valid because it was entered by the court. Keep in mind, interest and collection costs can be added to the amount owed. The time to deal with this issue is was when you were sued. Best bet to resolve the issue now is to contact the plaintiffs lower and explore settlement.


Generally speaking, once you've been sued, served and judgment entered against you, it's too late to argue that the amounts are wrong. It's possible that there was a procedural defect that could allow you to strike the judgment. Speak with a consumer protection attorney.

The legal analysis of any situation depends on a variety of factors which cannot be properly represented or accounted for in a response to an on-line question. Any answer, discussion or information is intended as general information only, is not intended to serve as legal advice or as a substitute for legal counsel, and should not be relied upon in making any decision. If you have a question about a specific factual situation, you should contact an attorney directly.


When was the judgment entered in the court against you?

Tim L Eblen