Skip to main content

I have a job offer In FL. Could my employer file H1B visa and Green Card applications at the same time?

Boca Raton, FL |

I'm graduating on Aug 2013, and I knew I'm not allowed to work on my H1B before Oct, 2013. Can I travel while I'm applying for H1B and GreenCard ? if Yes, then what is your advice.

Goal: Start the process early to save time and efforts.
Major: PhD, Computer Engineering. (Expected Aug, 2013).
Extra: I'm on F-1 Visa (Expired 2009), I had a Master degree from US also.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Travel? Yes
File both? Yes
Get OPT to fill the 'gap'? Yes

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


I have a job offer In FL. Could my employer file H1B visa and Green Card applications at the same time? Yes

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Absolutely yes. H-1B is dual intent so filing for the green card is not a problem.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer