Skip to main content

I have a interview before immigration court next week and my step father that filed for me before i reopened my case was missing

Oradell, NJ |

so i don't know where about him now , but i have other documents to support my case on I-I30, please what is my chance on this case. Because i don't know where about him. And i have to go to interview to get my green card. Please i need your advise as soon as possoble you read this story. Thank you God will answer your prayer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


We need more facts to determine if you are eligible for any relief in immigration court. You should retain an immigration attorney asap. The government is going to be represented by attorneys from the Office of the Chied Counsel, why shouldn't you?
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry


I agree fully with Attorney Guerra. You can go to court and inform the judge you want to delay your interview to give you a chance to seek the services of an immigration attorney. You can appear on your own (pro se) but there may be specific arguments you need to make as to obtining a waiver or proving your claims.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


It does not sound like you're in court, but rather in front of uscis. However, if the petition is denied you will wind up in court. You need a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer