Skip to main content

I have a friend who was involved in a business it turned out to be a scam. I did not know what he is doing. He was in SC.

El Cajon, CA |

He told me that he is innocent and fled the country. Suddenly after 6 years he came back and he called me and we met. He did not want to tell me about his case and we kept meeting socially. I knew that investigators are trying to locate him, but there was no warrant issued. Suddenly they issued the warrant and I still met with him once. He helped me to create articles for my corporation I was just creating. One day they found him and put him to jail. He is waiting for his trial and they are investigating everybody who he knew. FBI came to me also and asked me questions for 3 hrs. Their main concern was why I did not report him. They said I may be subpoena to SC for his trial or I may not. If I will be subpoena, do I need to hire an attorney even I was not involved in his case?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I think you should meet with a local criminal lawyer and discuss everything in private.

The facts and circumstances are certainly not clear at all here, but they should be laid out to proper counsel so a best course of action can be reached.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.


I agree with Attorney Natoli. You should meet with a local criminal attorney to explore the facts and circumstances in depth. Then, you will be able to make an informed decision on how to proceed.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con


Don't discuss this anymore on public websites such as this one. Contact a local attorney who can consult with you privately. If you are served with a subpoena, you could have problems if you do not appear and testify. Discuss all of this with a local attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer