I have a friend she is dum for doing what she did she smuggled drugs this weekend in to a California state penitentiary

Hawaiian Gardens, CA |

She has no prior history of any kind no criminal background

Best Answer

Your friend should contact an attorney and she should not, nor should anybody else post any further information about the incident in any public internet forum. She should consult in a confidential setting with an attorney.

The above answer is intended for general information only. It is not legal advice and does not establish an attorney client relationship. For a free consultation, users in Northern California may contact Che L. Hashim, Esq. at (415) 487-1700.

Thank you for the feedback lesson learned from this on her

Be cautious as to what you say on this public forum. Your friend needs a criminal defense attorney. An extremely unwise choice to take drugs to a prison, and one that could end up with her on the opposite side of the bars. You can help her pay for an attorney.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

You don't acutally ask a question, but the comments of my colleagues is precise - your friend should obtain an attorney immediately and keep her communication confidential.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Probably looking at two years at half time spent at the county jail of the county where the prison is located.

Bringing drugs into a penal institution is a felony. Your friend should consult with a number of attorneys and have representation.

Bingo. There are serious major felonies. Friend should consult local L.A. lawyers who can help your friend asap. Happy to give a free consult

Brian Michaels
www.socalcrimdefense.com
310-991-9179