I have a Florida business and had entered into a purchase and sales with a group from Massachusetts and used a Ma att?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

nothing was notarized and i never received any of the paperwork is this legal ????

I would need more information before I could provide you with a proper response.

If you found this Answer helpful, please mark it as "Best Answer". Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 www.peterlamontesq.com Additional Offices in New York, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

It is unclear what your exact question is. You do not need a notary to enter into a legal contract. If you entered into a contract and the other party is from Massachusetts, and they had a Massachusetts lawyer, it is totally appropriate. That lawyer cannot give you legal advice. Depending on where the contract is to be performed, you may want to consult with a Massachetts lawyer or a Florida lawyer (or both!). Hope this helps.

not be worth the expense. DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in the Commonweath of Massachusetts.

Sounds like you are doing business with a Massachusetts based business and MA licensed attorney. With the limited information I have it sounds fine. There is no notary requirement that I am aware of on basic purchase and sale agreements in FL or MA.

Nothing in this answer is intended to be relied upon as legal advice and I make no warranties either express or implied that the information is accurate. Always consult a local attorney.