Skip to main content

I have a felony warrant in the state of California and live in New mexico can I be extradited

Silver City, NM |
Attorney answers 2


Yes. Most states won't extradite misdemeanors but will extradite felonies. Better to go to California and get it resolved.

This is intended as only general legal advice. Feel to visit my website, for my blog on crime and punishment in Texas You may also email me through my site. I have been an attorney practicing criminal law in Austin for over eighteen years.


Yes, CA could likely extradite you for that offense.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer