Skip to main content

I have a felony in my record and most likely a warrant in CA. I am now out of state. If I cross the border, will they keep me?

Santa Ana, CA |

i was in a car accident in 2011, therefore I had to attend dui classes, etc. Just a few months ago i had to turn myself in, but didn't, instead i moved out of state and now want to go back. will i have trouble going through the border?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


There are no inspections regarding warrants on travelling between states.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


I think what you meant was your out of the country, not out of the state. You may get picked up at the border. If you are a citizen and you are picked up, they will make you finish out your jail sentence, I am guessing you converted your alcohol classes (AB 541 if first offense) to county jail. If not a citizen, they may make you turn right back around and deny you access into the U.S. Since this sounds like a misdemeanor I doubt they will take such drastic measures. As you know, the Tahl waiver has a whole section about citizenship, and your lawyer should have gone over this with you before pleading to anything. LAW OFFICES OF VICTORIA CLEMANS, OWNER VICTORIA'S LAW CENTER. (310) 803-9111



sorry, yes I'm out of the country, however it's not a misdemeanor it's a felony. what do you think will happen?



since it was a car accident, with a dui, it became a felony automatically. what do you suggest..



Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer