Skip to main content

I have a felleny dwi in the past i have my license back now can i own a gun to hunt

Ofallon, MO |

3 dwi i did a 120 treatment while i was locked up and 5 years probation after i got out i sucesfuly compleated that and got drivers licence back after 10 year denile

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I am assuming, based upon the fact you did a 120, that you received an SES ("suspended execution of sentence") and were, therefore, convicted of a felony. If you were convicted of a felony, you are forever barred from possessing a firearm. If you plead guilty and received an SIS, you are permitted to own a firearm in Missouri, but you are not eligible for a concealed carry permit.


Pursuant to §571.070 RSMo., it is a Class C Felony to possess a firearm if you have been convicted of a felony.

See this recent article on the topic from the Riverfront Times:

Click this is a good answer, below, if this has been helpful.

Disclaimer: Contact me at (314) 645-7900 or at to discuss the above answer in more detail if you wish. But if you want legal advice, you will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on the above answer or any other answers on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. Therefore, I provide the information in this web site for informational purposes only. The information does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship with me. Further communication with our attorneys through AVVO, our website at, and/or e-mail may not be considered as confidential or privileged.


The previous two attorneys nailed this question. There is not a hunting exception either.


I believe so.