Skip to main content

I have a family member in Florida thats been there for half a year. Hes been in a relationship for a couple months now.

Milwaukee, WI |

A couple weeks ago he got sad news stating that there was a 95.9% chance of him getting his cancer back. His girlfriend is willing to come to Milwaukee,WI, but she has two kids. The father is in jail and haven't seen or done anything for the children. She wants to relocate but doesn't know about the Florida rules regarding the children. What's the easiest way to go about this situation?

+ Read More

Filed under: Family law
Attorney answers 2


The girlfriend should consult with local Florida counsel regarding her rights and ability to relocate with or without court approval. She should make sure to bring any paperwork that she has regarding her case for the attorney's review. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


Repost this question indicating the state is Florida.