Skip to main content

I have a family member in mexico that really need help crossing over from mexico

Indio, CA |

8 ago he was in prison he had papers to be here well for prison he was deported back to mexico he been in how can i help him all his family lives here

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Consult with an immigration lawyer. The presumptions and odds are all against you, though.


Chances of him getting back into the country after 8 years in state prison are slim to none. I would consult with an immigration attorney, but all illegal defendants are warned if they plea, they may be deported and barred fron entering the country or getting citizenship. Eight years suggests a very serious offense, possibly drug related or child molest.

Joseph Salvatore Farina

Joseph Salvatore Farina


By the way, you can't just "cross over". That's called illegal immigration and although this adminstration doesn't seem to care, it's still illegal under federal law. You get caught you get deported. Why shouldn't everyone follow the rules like millions of legal immigrants before them?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer