Skip to main content

I have a dyfs/divorce custody matter that is in need of urgent attention!

Hackettstown, NJ |

I have supervised custody of my 3 children thru dyfs. My wife is an alcholic. Tonite (sat) I got into a argument w/ my supervisor (g/friend) who threw us out of her house.
Now I don't have no supervisor and no place to live currently. I have my 3children w/ me and were in a hotel just outside of Hackettstown. I can't call and dyfs cause if they know I'll loose my children as well as them going to foster care cause my family n inlaws are totally disfunctional. I'm worried and scared and I need an attorney to help me. I've had custody of them for 3months now and I never even seen a penny in support either. Can someone give me good advice of what to do or a contact??

+ Read More

Filed under: Foster care
Attorney answers 1


You must find shelter. If you want to keep your children, you must be able to put a roof over their heads. Call every relative that you know to see if someone will help you out. I assume that you have a job. Make sure that your children remain in school. Get a lawyer to help you work through all of the issues, one by one.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer