Skip to main content

I have a detective calling me threatning to issue a warrant for theft saying he is done messing with me

Osage Beach, MO |

i have never even been contacted till this week and he spoke with my mom not me so what do i do i do not want a warrant

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


DO NOT TALK TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIre an attorney immediately OR apply for a public defender attorney NOW.

It could be that the detective does not have enough evidence and needs you to create more by talking to him/her. The detective could be bluffing. Even if the detective is not bluffing, some time in jail while waiting to pay a bondsman is better than having a criminal conviction and serving a jail term or prison term.

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website


Mr. Caldwell is right. It is very common when the police do not have enough evidence to bring a charge to try to arrange a meeting "to hear your side of the story," in the hope of getting the missing pieces out of your mouth. They know what they want and you are moving blind. Do not discuss this matter with the police. Retain an attorney to represent you. In the best situation the lawyer may be able to prevent a charge from being brought.

Don't get spooked by this "warrant" talk. If it happens, it happens. Mr. Caldwell is right again. Taking a warrant and sitting in jail until you bond out is better than taking a criminal conviction. Another advantage of having a lawyer is that the lawyer may be able to negotiate an agreement whereby bond would be set in advance and you could surrender on the warrant bond out immediately.


I would avoid talking to him until you talk to an attorney. He may be fishing for additional information. The attorney will be able to hear the details of the situation and advise you accordingly.

Good luck!