Skip to main content

I have a deferred action question

Laguna Niguel, CA |

I have all my papers ready but my passport is expired, does that matter

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


No that does not matter. But you should get a new passport.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague, you should have a valid ID document though.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on as each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Get a new passport - it doesn't hurt and is relatively easy to do so.

Best of luck,

Sanjay Paul, Esq.
(888) 373-2602

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.