Skip to main content

I have a DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and I got an underage drinking ticket.

Elkhart, IN |

I am an 18 year old dreamer. I am a top scholar and have never been in trouble with the law, but someone gave me a sip of their drink at a party and we got busted. I wasn't arrested, but I still have to go to court. I want to know if this is going to affect my future renovation of Deferred Action or a possible amnesty application ( if it happens).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It appears that that minor underage drinking ticket should not mar your prospective changes of extending the DACA, however, I suggest working with a local counsel to complete the case with the least negative impact by getting a possible deferment.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


The best thing you can do is contact an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to help you with the underage drinking ticket. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.