Skip to main content

I have a clean record but was arrested for theft but not charge is there anyway to get it off my record

Harrisburg, PA |
Attorney answers 5


You should consider an expungement.

Thomas Kenny 2152668544 Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public; do not include confidential information in your question. If you would like to consult with me privately, you may do so.


Yes. A petition for expungement should be filed. Talk to an attorney as there are forms you need for the petition. Also it takes a while for the information is deleted after you successfully get an expungement.



is it to soon to ask for expungement if it just happen about a week ago


If you were not convicted, the charge can be expunged. Retain a criminal defense attorney to file the necessary court documents.


You can retain counsel and file for an expungment but first check to see that you infact have an arrest record. The mere fact that you were arrested, detained and even transported to the police dept. does not mean that a record exists. Its likely that it does but have counsel check first.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.


the arrest records, regardless of whether you were guilty or not guilty, is what remains. you have to hire a lawyer to expunge this .

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer