I have a 484(a) could i be elegible for the deferred Action?

Compton, CA |

i was charged with a 484 (a) like about 10 years ago..now that i tried to get my disposition the case was destroyed, i want to apply for the deffered action, and the only thing that i made was community service. Please I would like to know if I qualify for the Deffered Action! Thank you

Anyone with a criminal record (or who has ever been arrested) should see a competent immigration lawyer before filing a DACA application. Remember, applicants with certain types of conviction (e.g. DUI) may end up being removed (deported) because the file a DACA application which brings their criminal record under CIS scrutiny.

Just one DUI conviction is OKAY for filing DACA, but make sure to have the court's final disposition document showing that you complied & completed all the court ordered requirements. Only when you have three (3) misdemeanor convictions or more is it not OK to file for DACA.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

484 (a) its Not a DUI! 484(a) is Shoplifting

We advise that anyone with ANY criminal past should consult an attorney before moving forward on deferred action.

If you need representation, call us at (530) 758-8317 or email thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. If you want that advice from us, contact us at thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com.

I went to an Immigration Attorney but couldnt help and said that due that is a new law he doesnt know.