Skip to main content

I have a 2 year old little boy i am his mother and i was planning on moving out of state to better my son and myself but i dont

Little Falls, MN |

know if his father will let me i have been granted full custody and have a order of protection on him for me and my son because his father was abusive tword me and my son was present during most of it he also has a criminal history of violence and drug abuse is he going to be able to stop me from leaving ??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It depends on what the custody order states regarding the parties leaving the state. If the order states that you can not leave unless there is an agreement of the parties or a court order, then you would have to have either his approval or have to file a motion in court to allow you to leave. However, without reviewing the custody order and knowing more facts about your particular situation it is impossible to determine whether you would be allowed to leave the state. You should consult with an attorney to go over your case in more depth.

Tim Coulter

This response if for informational purposes only and is not creating a attorney-client relationship. An attorney client relationship only occurs after a retainer has been signed.


You should have an attorney review the current court orders, and give you advice based upon that. Most attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations. 612-206-3722

I appreciate your endorsements! If you "agree," or found this response "helpful," please mark it as so. The Law Offices of Sara M. G. Rojas offers free consultations by phone or in person. To schedule one today call 612-206-3722 or email me at Disclaimer: Nothing in this response constitutes legal advice or creates an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult with a local attorney regarding your specific legal circumstances. Answers posted on Avvo are intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation about your specific legal issues, with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. You should not rely solely upon this website, or other resources which may be linked to an answer in addressing your legal issues. Questions and answers, or other postings to the Avvo site, are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo Terms of Use are set forth at . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota and the U.S. District of Minnesota. Any general information I provide about non-Minnesota laws should be verified with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer