I have a 14601(a)vc violation, I've received my license since. What happens when I go to court?

Gardena, CA |

This charge is a misdemeanor, so you'll be appearing the arraignment. There, you'll have the opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty. I suggest you hire an attorney. If you can't afford one, you'll have to request a public defender at the arraignment. You're attorney may be able to get the charged dismissed or reduced to an infraction.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

Get an attorney as my colleague has stared. A DMV printout of your driving record would be useful.

Andrew Roberts
818-587-0633

I agree with my colleges above. There are a plethora of ways to reduce or dismiss a charge of driving on a suspended license with knowledge of the suspension. Hire an attorney.

An attorney will be able to look at the DMV proof of notice paperwork to see if you had proper notice and knowledge of the suspension. As the other attorneys stated, these matters are commonly reduced to infractions or a lesser charge, but there are many facts that affect that possibility. Consult with an attorney before you go to court to determine your options.