Skip to main content

I have 3 ticket for consumption of alcohol in vihicle caerless driving and driving while suspended.

Paterson, NJ |

this my 3 time buy wen the cop pull me over i was coming frome work.
i was not drinking i had and open container. it was on the back of the sit.

can a attorney do somting for me thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


If you were driving while on the suspended list after being suspended for DWI you are facing serious consequences that can include large fines and jail. If this is a third offense, the penalties are even harsher. Call a lawyer.


What is your question?


It is necessary to review discovery in the incident, your history and your current facts in order to determine what your best course of action is. The penalties are great so an attorney is essential.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


If you want to know whether an attorney can do something for you, then what you need to do is contact one to schedule a consultation with them in their office to discuss your case in private. Careless driving is a 2 point ticket. Driving while suspended carries with it severe consequences if you are convicted, including the possibility of going to jail, further suspension of your driving privileges and heavy fines. Your best option is to consult with an attorney before you are scheduled to appear in Municipal Court for further guidance. The consequences you are facing are too severe for you to go at this alone. Good luck with your case.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented. Also, please be advised that any response to any comments made by the asker do not create an attonrey client relationship.


There are certain types of questions that can be simply answered on Avvo, while there are others that require considerably more analysis. For this particular question, you need to provide additional details concerning the specifics of your situation.

I would strongly suggest that you contact a lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.
Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.


You are looking at points on your license, heavy fines, potentially an additional suspension of your license and depending upon the circumstances possibly some jail time. Please contact my office to discuss how I can assist you. Thank you.
Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-


The 3-40 driving suspended is by far the most serious. The consumption ticket is just a fine and the careless 2 points that likely can be reduced or dismissed. The 3-40 is suspension and high fines then $250/year surcharge for three years. There are enhancing facts to a 3-40, multiple convictions, suspended for DWI or no insurance. At least speak with an experienced criminal defense attorney before deciding on a course of action.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer