Skip to main content

I have 3 DUI's total,2 in Alameda county, Ca, and 1 in Contra Costa,Ca.

Turlock, CA |

Where do I go, who do I need to talk to, and what paperwork do I need. DMV, Alameda County Courts, Contra Costa County Courts? It has been so long, I have no idea where to start. I just got out of the Army on Medical discharge and I need to get my civilian life back on track, tired of having this hanging over me.

My first 2 DUI's were in 2001, March and April, yes, within a months time. My father had died suddenly on Christmas morning a few months before and I was in a very bad place, no excuse but it was not a good time. My 3rd came during the summer of 2007 in Alameda county, this was while I was on leave from a tour in Afghanistan with the Army. I am a combat veteran with all the documentation. I went to court, they expedited the process, I had a PD and Military personal there on my behalf, I went back to combat duty. I have gone to court for all of these, did some jail time prior to my military service, had to get many waivers to enlist in the service, but was able to serve my country despite my transgressions. I was told by the DMV rep in Sacramento all I needed to do was obtain a H-6 printout of my driving record and present it to the school to enroll in a 30 month DUI multiple offender course.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact local attorneys in both counties. You will need a lawyer, it will be too complicated to handle on your own.

Attorney Gregory Spink is licensed in North Carolina, with a focused practice in Mecklenburg and Gaston Counties. Nothing is intended in this post to serve as legal advice. It is my opinion based on studying the law and passing the Bar Exam and should not be construed as legal advice. You should always contact a local attorney, who is familiar with local rules. Each case must be judged on a case by case basis with all evidence being reviewed by a licensed attorney. Nothing in this post should be construed as creating an attorney and client relationship.


Where to start is finding a lawyer, quickly. You're in a heap of trouble, and by the sound of things, you probably missed a court date or three somewhere along the way. Hire an attorney who can handle all the cases (instead of PD's in each county who may or may not talk with each other). I practise in both counties frequently - feel free to contact me for a free consultation to discuss your situation in more detail.

Mr. Feasel is a former Deputy DA in the SF Bay Area with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.


I would want more information. Are these open cases or not. Likely there are warrants. You need to find a lawyer to help you navigate your way through this. This is a situation that if not handled properly could have serious implication both in terms of jail time and driving privileges.


Hire a lawyer. Alameda and Contra Costa are relatively close enough that you could hire just one lawyer for everything. They cases are old, so that is good for you. Don't do this alone.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer