Skip to main content

I have two misdemeanor for illegal taxi cab. How can I clean them from my records?

Sylmar, CA |

In January 2013, I went to court to have my car back, and the investigator suggested me to confess myself guilty. I did so to have my car back. It has been 9 months, and I haven't received a letter for my case. Is my case dropped? How long do I have to wait for the letter notification? Should I hire a lawyer for this matter? How much will it cost me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You question is really all over the place. Do you have a conviction? If so, you cannot expunge until:
1). The probation is over, or if you didn't get probation, one year from conviction; and
2). You have no other probation or parole going; and
3). You have no cases pending.
The statute of limitations for filing the taxi misdemeanor is 1 year from the date it occurred.
I'm not sure what the "matter" is at this point, because your question is unclear. Likewise, I cannot advise whether you need a lawyer or how much it will cost. MY SUGGESTION:
contact one of the many lawyers on Avvo that offer free consultations and get your question answered one-on-one.

Answering your questions on this forum does NOT constitute the forming of an attorney/client relationship. The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter based on any opinion posted on this forum. Rather, you should directly consult with an attorney about the particulars of your case before making ANY decisions.


It's unclear whether you have two cases or two convictions.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


I agree with my colleagues; it's unclear what happened in January. However, if you went to court because you had been issued a citation and, in court, pled guilty to a violation, the case is over because you were convicted and you will not receive any letter from the court for that reason.

You may be on informal probation, possibly for two years.

What court did you go to and who is this "investigator" you mention?


I agree with my colleagues it's unclear what you have. In order to give you good information you better contact an attorney. An attorney can get to the bottom of it and get you answers. Most attorneys on AVVO offer free consultation, call and discuss consultation.

Sharon Paris Babakhan


You could petition the court to dismiss the conviction pursuant to Penal code section 1203.4 once you have terminated probation and are not facing other criminal charges. My cost is $750.00-$1,500.00. Most petitions are granted on judicial council forms (without a court appearance) without much difficulty and my fee is $ 750.00. However, in rare occasions, the court denies it, and then I have to file a formal petition. My fee then is $ 1,500.00.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer

I am licensed to practice in the state of California. I handle cases from Sacramento to San Diego. I have handled cases in Federal District courts from Alaska and throughout the United States. My comments and opinions are based on California law and are based on the limited information provided in the question. Legal questions are usually fact specific and a few facts can and often does change the opinion I would give. It is better to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction (your geographic area) and provide specific details regarding your case in private. You would get more specific advice. The contents of the conversations with your attorney are confidential and are protected from being revealed. The statements made in this public forum (AVVO) are not confidential and could be revealed. Therefore, you must be very careful in the details you provide. Do not disclose information that could be a crime or that could be used in order to prove a crime was committed. If you are in California and want to clarify any of my answers, feel free to contact me.